Here at Physiotherapy Associates in Washington, DC. our focus is completely on the patient. We do extensive physical examination in order to determine and treat the cause of the symptoms that you may be having rather than than just treating the symptoms. All our therapists are highly-skilled in manual therapy, exercise prescription, and other complementary therapies in what we believe to be some of the best one-on-one therapy you'll find in the area. We also focus on patient education so that you will be able to keep yourself healthy and functional now and in the future.
We take most insurances - our front office staff provides courteous and timely verification of benefits, and we do our best to accomodate new patients within 48 hours of calling.
We know you have many choices for physical therapy - that's why you need to be treated with the respect and the attention to detail that you deserve. Make Physiotherapy Associates at K St. your choice- you'll be glad you did!
Lauren Horan, PT, DPT, Clinic Co-Director
* Lauren graduated with a bachelor of science from the University of Illinois and received her doctorate in physical therapy from Washington University in St. Louis. Her background is focused on the Movement Impairment System approach, which focuses on identifying repetitive movements and prolonged postures that cause pain. Lauren is also trained in dry needling techniques as a manual technique to release trigger points in the body. Lauren's interests include exercising, traveling, playing sports, and spending time with family and friends.
Stephanie Lam, PT, DPT
* Stephanie graduated with a B.A. in Biology and Psychology from University of Virginia, and then went on to receive her doctorate in physical therapy from Stony Brook University. Stephanie uses the ICF model to help guide her treatments, ensuring that she not only addresses the patient's impairments, but also the effects of the patient’s symptoms on their ability to function in their daily life. She has a passion for working with pediatric patients and enjoys going on adventures with her dog, reading, and hosting dinner parties.
Christine Borges, PT, DPT
* Christine graduated from the University of Virginia with a B.S. in Kinesiology. She continued her education at the University of Miami where she received a doctorate in physical therapy. With a Pilates background, Christine focuses on restoring functional movement by improving posture, muscle balance, and flexibility. Christine is fluent in Spanish and enjoys running, cycling, dancing, and traveling.
Sabrina Altema, PT, DPT, OCS
* Sabrina graduated with a B.S in Kinesiology from University of Maryland, College Park and obtained Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy from University of Maryland, Eastern Shore. Sabrina is also an APTA board certified orthopedic specialist and APTA certified clinical instructor. In addition, she has completed research and closely follows current studies based on orthopedic and sports based injuries. Her treatment approach focuses on identifying muscular imbalances and biomechanical faults in order to achieve functional and recreational goals. In her free time, Sabrina enjoys watching and playing sports, reading, and staying fit.
Christopher Bethart PT, DPT
* Chris received his B.S. in Exercise Science at the Florida State University and went on to receive a Doctorate in Physical Therapy at the University of South Florida. His background is focused on the movement impairment system approach and plans on expanding his orthopedic knowledge and skill by becoming an Orthopedic Certified Specialist (OCS). He enjoys working with a wide spectrum of patients with orthopedic/ neurologic issues in all areas of the body. Chris enjoys playing basketball and snow boarding in his free time.
Leslie Swinley, PT, DPT
* Leslie graduated from the University of Virginia with a B.S. in Kinesiology/Sports Medicine. Leslie went on to receive her doctorate degree in Physical Therapy from the George Washington University. She focuses on Maitland manual techniques and functional exercise to help patients return to daily life. Leslie enjoys working with a wide range of orthopedic conditions, especially those patients with spine and sacroiliac joint impairments. In her free time, she enjoys exercising, reading, traveling and exploring the D.C. area.
Christopher Gnip, PT, DPT, Clinic Co-Director
*Chris received his doctorate degree from Washington University in St. Louis and practices Dr. Shirley Sahrmann's Movement Systems Impairment approach extensively. He is on track to receive his orthopedic manual therapy certification. Chris also treats vestibular, TMJ and neurologic patients, and enjoys working with high school and college athletes. Chris enjoys playing basketball and flag football, writing fiction, and serving at his church.
Fernando Campos, PT, MSPT, COMT, Multi-Site Manager, Washington DC/Maryland
* Fernando received his degree from the University of Miami and has been with Physiotherapy Associates since he graduated. He has received his orthopedic manual therapy certification, specializes in treating the spine, shoulder, and knee, and loves working with athletes. In his spare time he enjoys playing soccer, biking, hiking, and volunteering at a pro-bono clinic in DC.
If you would like more information about our clinic or would like to schedule an appointment, call us at (202) 293-1853 or email email@example.com
Staff fluent in Spanish.